As an affiliate, we earn from qualifying purchases made on our website.
If you’re like me and keep your clubs in the car at all times you might not need covers to protect your clubs. If you’re taking them out all the time then you’ll probably want to keep your clubs in as good of shape as possible. In this post, I’m going to be talking about my favorite iron covers for your clubs.
Here are the best iron covers for your golf clubs:
- Craftsman Golf Black Leather Iron Covers.
- Face Saver Plus Black Iron Cover.
- HUGELOONG Knit Iron Cover.
- Andux Zipper Iron Covers.
- Craftsman Synthetic Leather Iron Covers.
I know pretty much anything that can go over your clubs will protect them but these 5 are my overall favorites. Any of them will do the job just fine and it’ll all come down to what style you like best.
The reason I like these covers is that they all look pretty nice and they all stay in place when you’re walking or carting around. Continue reading for the full details of each.
Craftsman Synthetic Leather Iron Covers
If you’re looking for the most basic and cheapest iron covers then these will be for you. They aren’t my favorite personally but they’ll do the job just fine and they’re quite inexpensive.
They’re synthetic leather and come with a velcro strap to help them stay on your clubs during your round. It wasn’t the most secure but it was still better than some of the others on the market.
They come in a few different colors and you can get them personalized if you want. I wouldn’t say they’re the most durable and they didn’t seem to be the best at staying on my irons but they were pretty good compared to other covers in this price range. Check the price on Amazon.
- The price point is great.
- They do a great job of protecting your clubs.
- They aren’t the most secure.
- They aren’t the most durable covers.
Andux Zipper Iron Covers
If you’re looking for covers that actually zip-up to really secure your clubs then these could be for you. They’re the only covers on this list that have the zipper feature and there is a bit more padding in these compared to the previous Craftsman.
The reason I have them #4 is that they’re a bit of a pain to take off and put on during your round. You could take them off at the start of your round but then you’d have your clubs clanking around.
They’re also a bit big to fit in your pocket. Other than that, they are a very solid iron cover. Check the price on Amazon.
- The zippers make them really secure.
- They come in different colors.
- They do have some ventilation.
- The side panels could be a bit sturdier.
- The zippers feel a little flimsy.
- The white and black model gets dirty.
HUGELOONG Knit Iron Cover
If you’re looking for a slimmer or knit iron cover then these will be for you. They don’t have as much padding as some and they aren’t the most secure but they do look good and aren’t too big and bulky.
The benefit of these covers over some of the others is that they’re easy to take off and put on. They don’t have zippers or velcro but the downside to that is that they can still fall off.
It wasn’t a common problem but it did happen a time or two. Overall, these are my favorite knit covers. Check the price on Amazon.
- I think they look awesome.
- They’re nice and thin.
- They’re easy to put on and take off.
- They’re the most expensive cover on this list.
- They won’t be 100% secure.
- One of my covers started unraveling.
Face Saver Plus Black Iron Cover
If you’re someone who tends to lose stuff on the golf course then these covers will be for you. They’re cheap for one but they also have lanyards on them and are attached to one of the other covers.
You don’t have to worry about putting it in your pocket or tossing it on the ground when you’re playing.
They’re also a lot easier to put on and take off compared to some of the covers that have zippers or velcro. They’re also a bit more secure than the knit covers because they do have a little collar of them that helps a bit with keeping them on your irons.
Overall, these along with my next pick are my personal favorites. Check the price on Amazon.
- The price is very reasonable.
- They’re really durable.
- The lanyards on them are incredibly handy.
- They’re easy to put on and take off.
- The collars on a few have come a little loose.
- Having some color options would be nice.
Craftsman Golf Black Leather Iron Covers
If you prefer the look of leather iron covers and want the highest quality set, these will be for you. They aren’t perfect by any means but I do think they look awesome, they’re easy to put on and take off, and they seem to be very durable.
They fit on my irons pretty tightly and are secured by a velcro strap. It wasn’t quite as secure as a zippered cover or the previous Face Saver but it was still quite good. They’re also color-coded which helps a bit with the organization and I think it looks a lot better than one single color. Check the price on Amazon.
- The price is pretty reasonable.
- They look the best, in my opinion.
- The durability seems top-notch.
- They aren’t 100% secure (but it’s decent).
- I’d like them to be a bit longer (so they stay on a bit better).